Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Burraston Ponds


I know I should keep my favorite places kind of a secret, so they stay nice and peaceful, but I just love Burraston Ponds in Mona, UT. The kids and I ditched church early on Sunday since I didn't have to be in class (the elders quorum took primary classes in honor of Mother's day). We got some snacks and stuff and headed south. Our favorite spot was open so we stopped and got out for our picnic. Some Jerks!! had taken a big carp out of the pond and tortured it and then left the remains all over the fire pit area. Kids were kind of freaked out, so I sent them on a walk, got a fire started and cooked some fish. Smelled tons better within minutes.
The reason I love this place is because:
1: Used to go there with our dad and family camping when I was little.
2: Spent hours fishing there as a teenager. Even got my first speeding ticket on my
way there.
3: Clean spring water where you can see the bottom. I have issues with swimming in
water that I can't see the bottom or the fish swimming around me.
4: Tons of room to run and play where I can still see kids.
Anyway, I could go on for hours. Love the place. Hoping to spend some good time there and make lots of memories this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment