Monday, March 14, 2011

Update



The kids are growing up so fast.
Zoe is almost an official teenager and has been trying out the new attitude on us for the past few weeks now. I am thinking of all the nasty things I said to my mom and am starting to realize why she would wish Zoe on me. Now I understand. Thank heavens Brad is here to back me up with her. She really responds to him. Don't get me wrong, she is a great kid, just a little more mouthy these days. She is a straight A student and a wonderful help around the house.
Lexi is getting ready to go to Jr High next year. She has had the same teacher as Zoe since almost 1st grade and so excited to get someone that doesn't know her sister! Ha ha. This year her teacher has given them monthly projects to work on. We have done planet studies, Greek and Roman mythology and even medieval PowerPoint presentations. This month the project is to make a functional music instrument. She and Brad have been working on a wooden harp. They made it with a big "L" in the middle for Lexi.
Big G has grown up a lot this last year. He is always volunteering to go places with me and to help out with the little one. He is really into wearing skinny jeans that fall off his butt. He loves skateboards and scooters and the new thing he loves is his Zombie yo-yo.
Mckenzie is growing her hair out long. It has gotten past the middle of her back and it is the prettiest dark brown and very straight. She spent the afternoon with me painting nails and toenails. She put turquoise on my toes with white dots and a smiley face. My nails were purple with sparkles. I did her toes purple with sparkles and white polka dots. She convinced us the dog needed his nails done the other night, so now the huge white boxer has pink on his front toes and blue on the back. That was a community effort!!
Little G has been working towards getting a new bike at the end of the year. He was struggling with sitting still and getting his work done at school so Brad offered a bike if he makes it through the rest of the year without any incidents. He has made it two months already since the deal was made and is counting down days of school. It will be a blue bike he has decided and he wants flames on it if he can find them.
Scarlett just got glasses. I know I am prejudice, but she should be the little girl on commercial for kids needing eyeglasses. She is so stinkin cute!! She is in preschool and loves every minute of it. Her teachers adore her and her favorite one is Miss Jackie. She got to take the turtle today for show and tell because they are having Reptiles as the subject for class this week.
Me, well I finally found a way to get out of the insane job I had and I am currently working for a few families cleaning houses. I start school at Utah Valley University on May 9th and plan on going into the dental hygiene program. It should take me about 3 years to complete. It is scary to go back to school, but I am really looking forward to a good job with good pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment